Katie Myer is a yoga teacher in Washington, DC. She offers clear, personalized alignment instruction that calls upon the innate intelligence of the body, integrated with a practical yoga philosophy that inspires students to create lives they love. Her teaching is informed by studies in music and science, where structure is the foundation for creative expression.
Katie’s classes run the gamut, from a challenging, aligned vinyasa flow class with a rockin’ playlist to a fascia-focused therapeutics class, and everything in between — always accompanied by a fascination with the wonder of the body and a genuine interest in each and every student.
She is grateful for the opportunity to guide students towards more self-inquiry and deeper awareness on the mat, so that they can engage in life more skillfully off the mat.
She is a graduate of the Teacher Training program at Willow Street Yoga Center in Takoma Park, MD, and she is delighted to be on the faculty of their 2013-2014 teacher training program. She continues to study with senior teachers in yoga and other modalities, creatively incorporating anything anatomically sound that works for her students, whether it’s traditionally considered “yoga” or not.
Katie has yoga offerings for everyone.
- Five-day Intensive, Donna Farhi
- Yoga Therapy Training (80 hours), Jenny Otto
- Philosophy Intensive, Douglas Brooks
- Level 2 Teacher Training, Amy Ippoliti & Ross Rayburn
- Yoga Teacher Training, Willow Street Yoga Center, Suzie Hurley
- Immersion, Willow Street Yoga Center, Kate Miller & Moses Brown
- Srividyalaya, Douglas Brooks
- Weekend Workshop, Douglas Brooks